Following on the footsteps of Solar Shop, we continue
with our original mission: "to open up the genre of
electronica and explore the limits of possibility, while remaining faithful to the
inherent basic power of music to elevate the spirit and thrill the mind." Our
influences range from traditional classical music to experimental to jazz to rock.... all
in a very crystal clear electronic setting.
The CD is about 60 min of pure imagination! Here is the track list:
- Kinetique - a complex whirl of fractal designs and
interlocking rhythmic figures, melodies and counterpoint combining in a kinetic burst of
- Soft Remains - After a battle, after an explosion,
some lingering pieces of form and structure remain, to gather themselves among the ashes.
- Cycles of Darkness - Through our cyclical bouts with
wakefulness and sleep, we come to undertand that we are voyaging through endless cycles of
light... and darkness.
- Beyond Assumptions - A bass line that flies from the
lowest reaches to almost touch the sky, a bone crunching beat that finds its place within
it, and suddenly we're about to go past all that we thought we knew.
- Midnight Smile - I woke up restless and happy. There
was nowhere to go and nothing to do, so I moved over to the studio and found melodies that
would mirror my inner happiness and might someday remind me of what I had temporarily
- Mobility - A nod back to the first Solar Shop, from the depths of
the oceans to the first step of the moon, water continues to be the medium for life.
- Then Again - a bittersweet remembrance of a magical
journey and the sacrifice that went with it.
- Wheel in Flames - The endless return of karma captured
in a blistering guitar riff that is constantly about to go off track but never quite
leaves the path.
- Robot Feast - When their masters have left the factory
for the night, the robots gather to praise life and each other, in a robotic party that
attempts to transcend their machinery.
- Telepathic Frag- bits of syllables, information
flowing through previously forbidden channels... is that your voice I hear?
- Outflow- Ultimately we must learn that it is most
crucial to keep the flow going, to keep the game happening, no matter what the costs, no
matter what the situation. Streaming
You will flow into soundscapes that encompass trance,
new age, drumnbass and ambient. You will dance to electronic rhythms learned
from indigenous peoples and from random patterns transposed from unknown sources!
Our influences range from the Orb, Aphex Twin, Bill
Laswell, Hearts of Space, FSOL and DJ Spooky to composers such as Debussy, John Cage and